Recipe from Tastemaker Chef Angelo Lollino
- 1⁄2 pound Thinly Sliced Pancetta, then chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped small
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 12 ounces San Marzano Whole Plum Canned Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- pinch Black Pepper
- Coarse Salt
- 1 pound Bucatini or Spaghetti Pasta
- 1⁄2 cup Italian Parsley Leaves
- Grated Paecorino Romano Cheese
- In a medium skillet cook the pancetta over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Add the onion, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper and then simmer until combined, about 10 minutes.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta,reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce along with the parsley and the reserved cooking water and stir over moderately high heat until the pasta is evenly coated, a minute or so. Serve the pasta in bowls and top with grated Romano cheese.