Pasta and Bacon with Alfredo Sauce
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked, drained, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb. cooked penne pasta
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until softened but not brown. Add the flour and stir constantly until very well blended.
- Add half-and-half and reduce the heat to medium-low. Do not let the sauce boil. Stir constantly so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook about 20 minutes, or until thickened. The sauce should not be too heavy. A light cream sauce should pour from a spoon smoothly.
- Add ⅓ cup cheese and stir until melted. Fold in the bacon. Serve over penne and top with remaining cheese.