Pasta and Broccoli in Lemon Sauce
Try this tart sauce over vegetables, particularly carrots and zucchini rounds.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white cooking wine
- 8 oz. cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups cooked farfalle pasta
- 1⁄4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Place the shallots, 1⁄2 of the lemon juice, and the wine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until almost dry.
- Reduce heat to very low and stir in a few small pieces of the butter, swirling it in with a wire whisk until it is mostly melted. Gradually add the remaining butter, whisking constantly until all the butter is added and the sauce is smooth. Take care that the sauce does not boil.
- Season the sauce with the salt, pepper, and remaining lemon juice. Keep in a warm place but not over a flame.
- Boil the broccoli in 4 quarts of rapidly boiling, salted water, for 4 minutes. Drain. Toss with pasta and sauce and serve with Parmesan.