The ham in this dish makes it high in sodium, so consult your dietician before including it in your menu plan if you are on a salt-restricted diet.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 oz. package ziti pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked extra-lean ham
- 1 cup cooked navy beans
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sauté the garlic for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn it. Stir in the ham, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss the stir-fried bean mixture with the pasta and Parmesan cheese.