Fresh and juicy tomatoes shine in this flavorful pasta dish. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s elegant enough for a special dinner, yet easy enough for a quick weeknight meal.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Kroger Brand Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 sprigs basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions 1 minute short of al dente. Drain; reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Cook garlic 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant and softened but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, basil sprigs, salt and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to simmer.
- Cook sauce, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down and sauce has thickened. Remove basil sprigs.
- Add pasta, tossing to coat. Adjust thickness with pasta water as needed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve topped with additional basil and olive oil, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.