This it is a quick dish to make and the ingredients are very affordable.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 anchovies, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- Place a skillet over low heat. Once it is warm, add the oil and the garlic. Cook garlic for 1 minute before adding the anchovies. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring continually. The anchovies should begin to dissolve. Add the olives, capers, parsley, and pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Pour in tomatoes and gently chop apart while stirring constantly. Let the mixture come to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in salt. Cook uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour sauce spaghetti.