Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
This hearty pasta is comfort food in its purest form.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. cracked peppercorns
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine noodles
- Melt the butter and sauté the shallots for 4 minutes. Add the heavy cream. Bring to a boil, and thicken, cooking for about 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ½ cup parmesan cheese. In a separate, large serving bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in a tablespoon of the cream sauce; stirring constantly, add the remainder of the sauce, a little at a time. (Be careful—if you put the hot sauce into the eggs too quickly, they will scramble.)
- Toss with noodles and add remaining ¼ cup parmesan, pepper, salt, and parsley to serve.