Pasta with Artichokes
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. dried pappardelle, cooked according to package directions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Cook artichokes in water and lemon juice according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of liquid. Cool artichokes.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Stir in artichokes and bell pepper and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in reserved artichoke liquid, red pepper flakes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour artichoke sauce over pasta in a large bowl; add parsley and basil and toss gently to coat.