Pasta with Feta Sauce
Here is a more adult version of the kid’s favorite mac ’n cheese, made by adding cheese and herbs traditionally used in Greek cooking to a basic white sauce and serving over pasta. You can use any small tubular pasta as the macaroni, including traditional macaroni noodles.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ lb. cooked cavatappi pasta
- Melt the butter in medium saucepan on very low heat. Add the flour and blend it into the melted butter, stirring continually until it thickens and forms a roux. Stir in the garlic.
- Turn the heat up to medium-low and slowly add the milk and cheese. Stir in the ground nutmeg and the dried mint. Continue stirring with a whisk until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the pepper and lemon juice.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.