Pasta with Herbed Ricotta Sauce
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lb. cooked rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor with a metal blade, blend the ricotta, milk, and Parmesan until smooth.
- Heat the oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened. Stir in the ricotta mixture, basil, and parsley and cook until heated through.
- Stir in the rigatoni and season with salt and fresh pepper. Serve hot.