Pasta with Pesto Baked Eggs
These fun pasta nests come together in a flash and are sure to be a family favorite at dinnertime!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Eggs
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, whisk the butter, cooking wine, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce slightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Twirl the pasta around a large fork to create 4 small nests in a baking dish. Crack the eggs in the center of each nest. Drizzle the butter sauce on the pasta.
- Place several dollops of pesto on the pasta. Salt and pepper each nest to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on desired egg doneness.
- Remove from the oven and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.