Pasta with Salt-Free Meat Sauce
Top your favorite pasta with this thick, rich, and hearty salt-free sauce. If you prefer more spice, increase the amount of crushed red pepper. If not, eliminate it altogether. Serve with green salad for a complete meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (8 oz.) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, omitting salt. Drain and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, and garlic into a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until beef has browned, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and spoon over pasta. Serve immediately.