Pasta with Scallops and Champagne Cream Sauce
Adding champagne to this dish makes the flavor pop!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry champagne
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup minced shallot
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb. sea scallops
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Combine the champagne, vinegar, and shallots in a 6-quart saucepan over high heat. Boil about 15 minutes until reduced to 2 cups.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the cream and reduce to 3 1⁄2 cups, or until thickened to the consistency of light gravy. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and scallops to the sauce and heat until the scallops are cooked, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange pasta in serving bowls and top with sauce and scallops. Garnish with the parsley.