Pasta with Shrimp and Asparagus
To clean shrimp, remove the legs and carefully peel off the shell. Then make a shallow cut into the curled back of the shrimp and rinse to remove the vein. If you are serving the shrimp in a dish like this, remove the tails, too.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. gingerroot, grated
- 1 lb. medium shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- ½ lb. asparagus, cut diagonally into 1" pieces
- 2 cups whole-grain pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Heat oil in wok or large nonstick skillet. Stir fry garlic, gingerroot, and shrimp over high heat until shrimp begins to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add white wine and asparagus; stir fry an additional 3–5 minutes.
- Add pasta, scallions, and sesame oil; toss lightly and serve.