Pasta with Summer Tomato Sauce
The freshest possible sauce can be made with vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped. Little else is needed to improve upon their garden taste but salt and pepper and a favorite herb. This recipe calls for garlic, basil, and parsley, but any fresh herb combination will do.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup basil leaves, lightly packed
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 lbs. vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked cavatappi pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, finely process the garlic. Add basil and parsley and process coarsely. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper and process very briefly. The sauce can stand at room temperature for up to 5 hours.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan.