Pasta with Tomato and Chicken Sausage Sauce
Sausage is a delicious alternative to meatballs in this rich tomato sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Italian chicken sausages (2 oz. each), sliced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. minced basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley
- ¼ tsp. crushed rosemary
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- Quickly brown the sausage slices on both sides in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausages with a slotted spoon and place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, along with the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over spaghetti.