Pasta with Wilted Spinach and Bacon
Wilted spinach salad takes on a new twist when served as a hot pasta dish. This super-quick recipe is delicious.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy cream, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. apple-cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside. Remove all but 3 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add garlic to hot skillet and remove from heat.
- Add pasta to water and cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, beat eggs, cream, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in small bowl. When pasta is done, drain and return to pot. Add egg mixture; toss for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Working quickly, place skillet with bacon drippings over medium-high heat. Add sugar, vinegars, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Add spinach; toss until spinach starts to wilt.
- Add all of spinach mixture to the pasta mixture. Toss over low heat for 2 minutes or until mixture is hot and spinach is wilted. Serve immediately with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.