Pastel de Elote (Corn Pie)
This classic southern dish is often served as a side dish for fried chicken.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. vegetable shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 lb. sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned jalapeño chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add remaining ingredients; stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.