Patates en Robe des Champs (Boiled Potatoes in Jackets)
Save to My Recipes
A potato in a country dress! That’s one of the strange names for this basic French recipe, along with another weirder name: Pommes de Terre en robe de chambre, "potatoes in a bathrobe"!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 4 large potatoes (Bintje or Russet)
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup crème fraîche or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chives, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Wash the potatoes and jab them with a fork to prevent them from splitting.
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add the kosher salt and the potatoes, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream or the yogurt with the chives, salt, and pepper. Drain the potatoes, and slice them in half.
- Serve the potatoes immediately, with the skin, and add sauce on them.