Pâte à Tartiner aux Noisettes (Hazelnut Spread)
This chocolate and hazelnut spread is beloved by kids. It is perfect on a fresh baguette or with a sweet crêpe. And it is healthier than Nutella, which is full of palm oil.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 7 oz. hazelnut paste
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- Pour the cream and the sugar into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir well as it’s heating up.
- In a large bowl, pour the chocolate chips and the hazelnut paste, and stir with a wooden spoon. Pour the boiling cream and sugar mixture on top. Stir well, and then add the oil. Stir steadily until the mixture is smooth and combined. Pour into the jars, and let cool.
- After 1 hour, store in the refrigerator. This spread should be taken out of the refrigerator and left to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before using it.