PB-Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars
Peanut butter and chocolate make a mouthwatering combination in these chewy cookie bars. For extra crunch, sprinkle a tablespoon of chopped unsalted peanuts on top of the batter before baking. For chocolate brownie bars, reduce the unbleached flour to
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. plus 6 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8" square baking pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and set aside.
- Measure flours, oats, sugars, and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add remaining olive oil, peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips and stir well to combine. Press batter into the prepared pan. Top with coconut.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool fully. Cut into bars and serve.