Pea and Mushroom Pasta
A creamy cheese sauce pairs perfectly with mushrooms and baby peas in this hearty, stick-to-your-bones pasta dish. It’s a snap to prepare in under half an hour, too!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. white truffle oil
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté mushroom and peas for 10 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and remaining butter over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in garlic, onion, and truffle oil. Heat for 5 minutes. Do not allow mixture to boil or simmer.
- Pour cream mixture over the pasta. Stir in Parmesan. Carefully fold in the mushrooms and peas. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot