You’ll love this beautiful presentation of peaches and blackberries.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, if desired, and sliced
- 2 cups blackberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine peaches, blackberries, 1⁄4 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix soy milk, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan. Drop the batter by spoonfuls over the fruit. Spread batter to cover, but don’t try to make it perfect. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.