You’ll love this beautiful presentation of peaches and blackberries.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, if desired, and sliced
- 2 cups blackberries
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ⅔ cup soymilk
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine peaches, blackberries, ¼ cup sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix soymilk, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a greased 8" × 8" pan. Drop the batter by spoonfuls over the fruit. Spread batter to cover, but don’t try to make it perfect. Bake for 30–40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.