Peach Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Sweet, juicy peaches and a crunchy brown sugar topping make this buttermilk coffee cake irresistible.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened, divided use
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottom of pan with parchment, and spray again with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1⁄4 cup butter and light brown sugar. Once combined, beat in the buttermilk, vanilla paste, and egg until well incorporated. In a medium bowl, whisk together the white whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the wet ingredients and stir until a batter forms. Pour into the pan. Top with a single layer of peach slices.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the remaining butter, sugar, and all-purpose flour until it forms coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool for at least 15 minutes before releasing the cake from the pan.