Peach-Oatmeal Dump Cake
Try this easy recipe with other flavors of cake mix and other types of canned fruit. Cherries would be wonderful, as would apricots.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18 oz.) spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cans (15 oz.) sliced peaches
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix with coconut and oats. Cut in butter until crumbs form.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Place drained peaches in glass 9-by-13-inch baking pan and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle cake mix mixture over all. Using a straw or chopstick, poke holes in the topping down to the peaches. Bake for 1 hour or until peach juices are bubbling and crumbs are golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes, then serve.