Peach Pecan Pizza
Cake mix makes a spicy and delicious crust for this sweet pizza. If you like your desserts spicy, add even more cinnamon, nutmeg, or mace to the cake mix before mixing in the other ingredients.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal, divided
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 can (21 oz.) peach pie filling
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In food processor, grind half of the oatmeal into fine crumbs. Combine the ground oatmeal with cake mix in large bowl; mix well. In same processor bowl, combine cream cheese with butter; process until well blended.
- Cut butter mixture into cake mix mixture until crumbly. Remove 1 cup of these crumbs and place in small bowl. Add egg to remaining crumbs and mix. Press mixture with egg into greased 13" × 9" cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ½ cup oatmeal and pecans to reserved 1 cup crumbs. Place pie filling in small bowl; stir in dried cranberries, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over baked crust. Top with pecan mixture.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes longer until crumbs are golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes, then cut into squares to serve.