With some canned peaches on hand, you can have your own homemade sorbet any time you like.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced peaches
- 1 package (0.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Drain peaches; add liquid to measuring cup. Add water, if necessary, to measure 1½ cups.
- Pour juice into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for about 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to soften. Place the pan over medium heat and heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, honey, salt, and extract. Stir over low heat until sugar and honey dissolve, about 5 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, purée the peaches until smooth. Add the gelatin mixture and process until thoroughly combined. Pour into a 9" × 13" baking pan, and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Transfer the peach mixture to a chilled bowl, and beat with a rotary beater or an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy. Return to the metal pan, and freeze for 2 hours more. Scoop into individual dishes to serve.