Peach Sour Cream Pie
Sweet peaches are surrounded by a tangy sour cream custard in this irresistible pie.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 pie shell (9"), unbaked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. mace
- 8 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼" thick slices
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ½ cup sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Chill for 30 minutes before using.
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Line the pie shell with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the lining and weights and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, the remaining ½ cup sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mace and whisk until well combined. Fold in the sliced peaches, mix well, and tip into the cooled pie shell. Top with the chilled crumble mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.