Peanut Blossom Cookies
Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups can be substituted for the Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (8 oz.) Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unwrap chocolate kisses and set aside.
- Blend peanut butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, butter, and brown sugar in a food processor or electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and blend for 1 more minute. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to peanut butter mixture and blend well.
- Shape cookies into small balls, roll in remaining granulated sugar and place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes, then remove from the oven. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 5 minutes.