Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This tasty, peanut-butter-glazed banana bread requires no kneading or time to rise – just mix everything together and let your oven do the hard work.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened or 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter or other nut butter, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 5”x 9” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, use electric hand mixer to cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, bananas, vanilla extract and ¼ cup peanut butter.
- Slowly incorporate flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Remove from pan.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt ¼ cup peanut butter. Drizzle peanut butter over banana bread.