Peanut Butter Blossoms
This recipe used the old-fashioned Hershey’s Kisses, but consider trying one of the new versions: caramel filled, almond, Hershey’s Hugs, or your own favorite.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 48 Chocolate Kisses
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove foil from Kisses.
- Beat shortening, butter, and peanut butter in a large bowl until very well blended. Beat in sugars, egg, milk, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Kiss firmly in the center of each cookie. The sides will crack, but this is part of the charm of the cookie. Allow to cool completely.