Peanut Butter Bread
Peanut butter is a high-quality and inexpensive form of protein when combined with grains. This hearty loaf is great for breakfast on the run.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar and beat until blended. Add egg and beat well. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to peanut butter mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle streusel over loaf. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into loaf. Cool on wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.