Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars
Make a nutty, chewy cookie base with corn syrup, brown sugar, and peanut butter and top it with melted chocolate chips for a tasty snack.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Spray a 9" x 9" pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup and brown sugar and cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring frequently. Let boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Off heat, add peanut butter and stir until melted and combined. Add cornflakes and stir gently. Spread into prepared pan and press down with back of a greased spoon to form an even surface.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips with a microwave at 50 percent power for 1–1½ minutes, stirring every 15 seconds, until chips are melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and spread; let cool. Cut into bars.