Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
The stellar combination of peanut butter and chocolate in a moist cookie bar. For a yummy vegan version, substitute egg replacement powder for the egg whites.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup salt-free peanut butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" × 13" baking pan and set aside.
- Measure the peanut butter, sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add the baking powder and mix. Gradually add in the flours, stirring well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and smooth to even. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Cool before cutting into bars and serving.