Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These creamy, peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies are guaranteed to melt in your mouth.
Serves: 40Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer on a medium-high speed. Add the peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl before each addition. Adjust your mixer to a medium speed. Add the egg, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Adjust your mixer to a low speed. Slowly add the flour mixture until lightly blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a scoop with a 1" diameter or a teaspoon, place mounds of batter on the prepared baking sheets, and create a hatch pattern using the tines of a fork pressed horizontally and then vertically into each cookie. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Cool on the pans for 5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling racks.