Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are a favorite afterschool snack for children, but that doesn’t mean adults can’t enjoy them too! Try rolling the dough in coarse sugar before baking them to make them extra sparkly.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 12 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ½ cup granulated sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer or by hand, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and ½ cup granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; combine well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring well to combine into a smooth dough.
- Form dough into 1" balls by hand and place onto 2 large ungreased baking sheets. Dip a fork into the bowl of sugar and press a crosshatch mark into each cookie. Dip fork frequently into the sugar to prevent sticking. Bake cookies 10 minutes. Cool on a rack.