Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
While rolling the cookies, keep the remainder of the cookie dough covered in plastic wrap so that it doesn’t dry out. Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with raisins if desired.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, butter, sugars, vanilla extract, and the egg, mixing well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, stir the baking soda and salt with the flour. Gradually stir the flour into the creamed peanut butter mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1–1½" in diameter. Place on the baking sheets, approximately 2" apart. Press down in the middle of each cookie with a wet fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges and a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean. Cool and store in a sealed container.