Peanut Butter Delight
Rice Krispies Treats get a makeover with the addition of peanut butter and coconut milk. Use crunchy peanut butter for extra crunch and texture in these truly decadent dessert bars.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 2¾ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Grease an 8" × 8" baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, coconut sugar, and coconut milk. Mix until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil over low heat. Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so the mixture does not burn. Remove pan from heat and stir in the vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir in cereal and mix until completely incorporated. Pour the mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly. Place in the refrigerator for about 25 minutes or until firm. Slice into bars and enjoy.