Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Cake mix makes chewy and thick brownies with a wonderful flavor. The ground chocolate adds creaminess. Be careful to not overbake these brownies.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) dark chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. water, divided
- 1 tub (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside. In large bowl, combine cake mix, chocolate chips, 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, eggs, and 1⁄4 cup water and mix until combined. Beat for 40 strokes, then spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 26 to 31 minutes or until brownies are just set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In same bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa and mix well. In small microwave-safe bowl, combine 3 tablespoons water, 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, and butter; microwave on high until butter melts, about 1 minute. Pour into confectioners' sugar mixture, add vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Immediately pour over brownies and gently spread to cover. Let stand until frosting is firm, then cut into bars.