Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches become a handy “on-the-go” treat of simplicity and balanced nutrition with these easy to create, clean, and scrumptious bars that any kid would love!
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups mashed strawberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, coconut oil, and agave nectar. Stirring constantly, mix until well blended and melted, about 5–8 minutes. Add oats and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Spray a 9" × 9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour half of the peanut butter–oatmeal mixture into the dish and press firmly to mold the mix as an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Pour the mashed fruit over the bottom layer and spread evenly.
- Allow the fruit layer to set for about 5 minutes, and then layer the remaining peanut butter–oatmeal mixture evenly over the top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cut into 16 rectangles.