Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sandwiches
The kiddos will love this awesome twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Change it up by adding a dollop of marshmallow cream, or by swapping out your favorite ice cream flavor.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream peanut butter, butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to peanut butter mixture on low speed just until fully combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Roll walnut-sized balls of dough in remaining sugar, then press onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool, then freeze until firm.
- When frozen, place about 1⁄4 cup of ice cream on the bottom of one cookie, then press the bottom of another cookie into the ice cream. Repeat until all of your sandwiches have been made. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.