Peanut Butter Lovers' Cookies
This recipe is full of peanut flavor. If you are a peanut butter fanatic, try adding 1 cup of peanut butter chips, 1 cup of chocolate chips, or a mixture of the two.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream butter, shortening, and peanut butter until well blended. Add sugars; beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; blend.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten with tines of a fork dipped in flour. Push down horizontally then vertically to create raised squares.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set but not hard. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before removing.