Peanut Butter Muffins
These quick muffins are a perfect weekday-morning breakfast. Not only are they delicious, but they are full of those nutrients that will keep the brain running until lunchtime.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed completely
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, beat eggs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, oil, apple juice, and dry milk. Add the eggs to the large bowl. Mix until creamy and smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and add into the large bowl. Mix again until smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners (or lightly spray with nonstick spray). Fill each muffin cup about 2⁄3 full. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes.