Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache
Decadent ingredients combine with a salty-sweet crunch to make this the perfect dessert for your guests.
Serves: 8Prep: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package Private Selection™ Vanilla Cream Soft Caramels
- 6 ounces heavy cream, plus 1 cup and 2 Tbsp. heavy cream, divided
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6 ounces Private Selection™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Private Selection™ Sea Salt Pretzel Bark, crumbled
- Melt the caramels in a small saucepan over low heat. Once they start melting, add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and stir constantly until the sauce is completely liquid.
- Pour ½ the caramel in the crust and tilt to coat the bottom evenly. Set crust aside. Reserve remaining caramel sauce in the pan to drizzle on top of pie.
- To make the pie filling, combine peanut butter, cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend well. Add 1 cup whipped heavy cream and continue blending until smooth. Pour into crust and smooth the top level with an offset spatula. Chill.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips in a bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 6 ounces heavy cream to a simmer then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit 2 minutes then stir smooth using a rubber spatula. Pour the ganache over the chilled pie, spreading evenly to the edges. Top with crushed chocolate bark.
- Re-melt the remaining caramel sauce over low heat and use a spoon to drizzle over the pie. Chill overnight. Cut the pie into wedges while cold, but serve room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.