Peanut Butter Raisin Bars
Breakfast bars make a fun change from regular breakfast cereal. Be sure to keep an eye on the marshmallow mixture so that it doesn’t burn.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. margarine
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup raisins
- In a heavy medium-sized saucepan, melt the margarine on low-medium heat. Add the peanut butter, stirring. Turn the heat down to low and add the marshmallows. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peanut butter and marshmallows are almost melted.
- While melting the marshmallow and peanut butter, heat the sugar and milk to boiling in a separate small saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir the oats into the melted marshmallow and peanut butter mixture. Stir in the heated milk and sugar, and raisins.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 9" × 9" pan, using a spatula or your hands to press it down evenly.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes. Cut into bars.