Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
Donʼt have semisweet chocolate chips on hand? Chocolate cake frosting can be used instead. Just make the frosting and spread it on top. (This dish can also be made in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch pan, using 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips for the topping.)
Serves: 20Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 4 cups Kelloggʼs Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the peanut butter, sugars, and corn syrup in a skillet over low heat, stirring continually. When the mixture is melted, gradually stir in the cereal.
- Spread out the mixture evenly in a 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a metal bowl and place it on top of a saucepan filled halfway with nearly boiling water. Melt the butter and chocolate on low heat, stirring constantly to make sure the chocolate doesn’t boil.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the Rice Krispies mixture. Let cool and cut into squares.