Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Fill mini-peanut butter cookies with a creamy peanut butter filling for this delicious treat.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground oatmeal
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup butter, 3⁄4 cup peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla until combined. Then add flour, ground oatmeal, and salt. Roll tablespoon-size scoops of dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass, gently press cookie dough to 1⁄2 inch.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden and set. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine 1⁄4 cup butter, 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar; beat well. Alternately add remaining powdered sugar with enough milk to form a creamy filling.
- Spread about a teaspoon of filling onto the bottoms of 1⁄4 of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies. Let stand until set; store covered at room temperature.