Peanut Butter Shapes
Cut these cookies into rounds and sandwich them together with a little chocolate frosting.
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add egg and sugars.
- Mix in dry ingredients until well blended. Cover tightly; chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- On a floured surface, roll dough ⅛" thick. Cut out desired shapes; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 8–10 minutes. Cool completely.