Peanut Butter Shapes
Cut these cookies into rounds and sandwich them together with a little chocolate frosting.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Beat butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add egg and sugars.
- Mix in dry ingredients until well blended. Cover tightly; chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- On a floured surface, roll dough 1⁄8 inch thick. Cut out desired shapes; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.