Pear and Gorgonzola Triangles
Juicy sweet pears naturally partner with creamy gorgonzola. The thin delicate pastry ties it all together.
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup pears, diced
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sheets fillo dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine pears, gorgonzola, hazelnuts, parsley, thyme, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Place phyllo between waxed paper and cover with towel. Working with 1 sheet at a time, cut into three 8-1/2" x 3-1/4" strips. Fold each strip in half; brush with oil. Place 1 tablespoon pear mixture in a small mound on each end of phyllo strip. Fold into triangle making sure filling remains completely enclosed. Brush with oil to prevent drying. Place on greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until golden. Garnish with pear slices and thyme sprigs, if desired.