Pear, Banana, Walnut Loaf
This easy quick bread is perfect for breakfast on the run.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18 oz.) spice cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 1 jar (6 oz.) puréed pears
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cup walnut halves, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray containing flour and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Beat until combined, then beat for 3 minutes at medium speed. Chop 1 cup of the walnuts and stir into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts over batter in pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until bread is golden brown, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and bread pulls away from sides of pan. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to finish cooling.